LSSU Hockey

 



 

 

LSSU Hockey.com

The Ultimate Source for Laker Hockey

Class of 2012

Matt Johnson LW

Eric Drapluk D

 

Class of 2013

Future Classes

Friday, November 25, 2005

Roque receives reprimand from CCHA

The Central Collegiate Hockey Association has reprimanded Lake Superior State University head coach Jim Roque and fined him for a violation of the conference's 'Good Conduct Regulations'.

The Lakers' coach was cited for these published comments he made following his team's game at Ohio State University on Nov. 19.

"I screwed it up for my team. It's my fault. My guys played hard, played a lot of chances. I don't need to see the video tonight; we were outstanding. And we were good last night. We were very good last night.

"He's [referee Mark Wilkins] apologizing before the game that he missed two checking from behind, it doesn't help me today. And you guys [Ohio State] on Tuesday night won the game because of a checking from behind in the third against State.

"Proud of my guys, though. We came here to pass the test and we passed with flying colors. We're going to be a good team. I like our team."

CCHA regulations stipulate, in part, that, 'No employee (e.g., coaches, athletic staff members, etc.) or student-athlete of a member institution shall make derogatory remarks to the press or public about opponents or officials.'

Comments on "Roque receives reprimand from CCHA"

 

post a comment